Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Android 2.3.3

From: Tony Trinh <tony19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:39:27 -0400
While there isn't a mobile edition of Wireshark [yet], there are other packet-capture tools, based on tcpdump (which runs on most Android devices). However, tcpdump requires root privileges, so you would have to root your phone in order to use it (assuming a rootkit is available for your device).

Take a look at these tcpdump-based apps (http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tcpdump). You'll probably want to use Shark for Root. Note the description of Shark for Root doesn't indicate the requirement for root privileges, but they're actually necessary.