Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Time synchronization for capturing packets

From: "Bartosz Kiziukiewicz" <kiziuk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:15:43 +0200
Hi Graham,

the problem with w32time service is that:
- it is only a client, so I still need to synchronize to some external server - "We do not guarantee and we do not support the accuracy of the W32Time service between nodes on a network."

The better solution would be to use apps such as OpenNTPD but it still requires additional setup.

To be frank, the best solution would be to have Precision Time Protocol server/client built into a Wireshark and a magic button "Synchronize between <list-of-machines>".
But I doubt it is available ;-)

--
BR,
Bartosz.