Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Dumpcap -D outputting results to text file

From: Jeroen Eeuwes <jeroeneeuwes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:29:27 +0200
Hi Keith,

> Thanks for that, as you said using the "2>" worked fine. How did you find that out?

Well, there are not that many output options. If it isn't STDOUT it is STDERR.

You can also redirect both STDOUT and STDERR to one file like this:

"C:\Program Files\Wireshark\dumpcap.exe" -D > "C:\Program
Files\Wireshark\output.txt" 2>&1

That way you can use one command for both versions, so perhaps that is
more useful?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/110930 for more info about
redirecting under Windows.

Best regards,