Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] MySQL connection saturation

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:45:43 +0200
Hi,

I have a tcpdump file that contains MySQL packets that are sent between one client and one MySQL server, captured on the client. Is there any Wireshark-tool that can give me an estimation of the total time that the client is engaged in either sending, waiting for the server to execute its MySQL command and/or receiving the response? My intention is that if I isolate one TCP stream, resembling one persistent connection from a pool, and divide this total "engagement time" by the total TCP stream time, it would give me at least an impression about the saturation of that particular database connection. If all TCP streams show high values, this could then mean that the connection pool size is too small. I could write my own tool to calculate the engagement time, but do not want to re-invent the wheel and loose too much time on this...

Thanks,
Andrej