Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Still unable to decode WPA2 on a MacBook

From: "Frank Walter" <francwalter@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:49:28 +0200
Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo from 11/2009 with a Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.42.4) and Wireshark 1.6.1
My monitor mode in Wireshark is working, I can capture frames from other wifi devices in my network.

Now, as shown in:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/HowToDecrypt802.11

I tried to set up the decryption of my own WPA2 wireless network (in my router it is set: Security: WPA2-Personal(AES), Preshare Key: mypassword).
I tried the example "wpa-Induction.pcap" and this decrypts without problems with the default settings in IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN (and even with other settings e.g. "Yes - with IV" etc. it doesn't matter).
But I cannot decrypt my own traffic in my own wifi-network.

I tried as Key in Preferences / Protocols / IEEE 802.11 / Key #1:

wpa-pwd:mypassword:myssid
or:
wpa-psk:psk-from-the-wireshark-wpa-psk-raw-key-generator-with-my-password-and-ssid

nothing works. I won't get TCP-packets in my list only unecrypted 802.11 Frames, but I must have captured some, as I can see on the mac-address.

After searching I found this mail with about the same problem:

http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200901/msg00021.html

and others, but without any solution. This doesn't really help:

http://f1fe.com/blog/2008/10/31/wireshark-wpa2-and-macbook-pro/

Because it is not said WHAT exactly to use of the EAPOL Keys.

Why is it so difficult to set this up?
It is unfortunately not explained in the wiki how to set it up that it works.

Could someone help me here?

Kind regards, franc