Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] WEP & WPA decryption

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 03:38:57 +0000
I am still getting stuck on 1 aspect of decryption. After putting my card into monitor mode with:

airmon-ng start wlan1 1 (if my AP is on channel 1)

I then run wireshark and enter in my WEP key as wep:1122334455

Then I start to capture on mon0 - but nothing is decrypted. I have decryption on.

If I have networking running and connect wlan1 to my AP and then run wireshark on wlan1 it decrypts fine, as would be expected since wlan1 is connected to AP.

Why is decryption not working on mon0?

Cheers

-Al