Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Speed Test using wireshark

From: rajat sharma <rajat2683_2_1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
HI All,

Topology

hosts---------------router----------------isp

Bandwidth between hosts and router is 100 Mbps

Bandwidth between router and ips is 10 Mbps

When i am taking captures on the router interface which is connected to the host for tcp traffic my upload speed is 10 Mbps.
Captures taken on the router interface connected to the isp shows speed of 10 Mbps which is expected.

However should i expect to see 100 Mbps speed on the router interface connected to the hosts if they try to upload 100 Mbps traffic or 10 Mbps which i am getting now ?

Is there any flow control mechanism that TCP has that would control the flow of the outbound data as seen on the router interface connected to the hosts?

Rajat