Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] EtherCAT can't be captured though Ethernet works

From: N Nguyen <catsmemory2009@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I am using EtherCAT, and I'd like to use wireshark to capture the frames.
If I stop the EtherCAT, the eth0 is listed in the capture list, and everything is OK.
But if I start EtherCAT, the ifconfig tells that there's only local loopback lo 127.0.0.1. And apparently wireshark cannot capture the EtherCAT, although I am transferring frames via my NIC card (RTL 8139).

Does anyone have any comment?

Thank you very much in advance!!!