Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Is it possible to do live-capture on saved pcap file ?

From: Alexey Eromenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:51:03 +0300
Hi All !

I would like to tell you that I like this program very much, and been
using it since Ethereal days... It is great !

Recently I started to work on GNS3 network simulator, and one of our
features is to dump traffic to file and keep running.
The PCAP files on hard disk are being continuously updated / written.
Currently I must restart Wireshark GUI every time I wanna see the new
packets coming.

Is it possible to do live-capture on saved pcap file ? (Like I do on
real interfaces)

I tried: (on Wireshark 1.2)
$ wireshark -S -r mycapture.pcap

With no success...
(I also read changelog of newer versions, and can't find it)

any ideas ?
--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"