Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How does wireshark identify tcp streams?

From: Irfan Habib <irfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 19:12:53 +0100
Hi,

Wireshark assigns numbers to tcp streams in a pcap file and packets can be filtered based on that tcp stream number.  My question is, what properties in a packet does wireshark use to determine which tcp stream it is part of?
I'm sure this is a pretty basic question, so please excuse my ignorance.

--
Best Regards,
Irfan