Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 802.15.4 and Wireshark questions

From: ERIC KRAUSE <erickrause@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:28:34 -0600
I'm not sure if this will work for you, but Arduino (open source HW board) has an option.

-Eric

On May 19, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Ryan Izzy Bales wrote:

I've been using wireshark for ethernet/wireless networks for a while, but a new project I'm working on involves 802.15.4/Zigbee, and I'm looking for a cheap-ish way to go about sniffing out exactly what I'm sending. I've found one page( http://wiki.wireshark.org/IEEE_802.15.4 ) involving a $500 radio, and I'm wondering if anybody has used any other radios to do the same thing. If not, I'm curious how hard it would be to write something to interface with one of the many USB-Zigbee sticks I've found while browsing around.

I've probably missed some pages on the wiki or elsewhere that walk through how to add this kind of stuff, but even just telling me so(And maybe pointing me in the right direction) would be helpful. Thanks!