Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] running wireshark on my network

From: "Semjon" <semgo@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:55:52 +0100
Hi,

IMHO You probably can't find out if someone is running exactly wireshark
unless you connect to all machines and search for running wireshark
processes.
But You could check if some nic on the subnet is in prominiscuous mode which
is quite unusual unless You want to see all network traffic i.e sniffing.
More info here:

http://cns.tstc.edu/cpate/LINUX/Linux_How2/Sniffers.htm

"Flavio Ferreira" <xfl4v10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:AANLkTimknTfes5FZ1bsyzHuRPgyXfNAguYU+qz+LGs9V@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
Good afternoon,

how to find out if there is anyone running wireshark on my network?