Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Reading Tektronix K12 files in Wireshark

From: "Khan, Absar (NSN - AE/Dubai)" <absar.khan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:29:33 +0200

Hi,

I’ve been trying to read K12xx files into wireshark (ver 1.2.9).

I read up & found this resource.

Followed the steps…….have the stk file…..placed it, configured “match” & “proto” properly in the K12xx Procotol Preferences.

I’m trying to decode Gb traces (Gb o FR)…..so dissector used was “fr”.

I unfortunately only get DLCI & very basic info…..nothing on the higher layers (need to do a TCP analyses)

Wondering if any other steps are required since can’t even see NS, BSSGP, LLC, SNDCP etc. properly decoded.

Attached the *.stk file (the path was fixed in the .rf5 file, I created the folder chain & copied the stk file there + set match / proto)

Attached also what I can see (in wireshark).

Another Q:

where can I see the dissectors for other protocols? E.g. TCP, GPRS LLC etc. (I’ve tried using string combo’s…..e.g. tcp, gprs_llc, gprs-llc etc. but doesn’t work)

Regards,

Absar Khan
Head of End User Service Optimization & Assurance | Managed Services / Network Planning & Optimization, ME&A | www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com | Cell: +971 50 458 1725 | Off: +971 4 361 6565 | skype: absar.a.k