Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] localhost versus url

From: Tony Anecito <adanecito@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:11:33 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

I was running some performance tests last week and noticed with the client app
running on the same server or apache web server machine the response time was
much better when using localhost in the url versus my domain name. I assumed
somehow the connection is bypassing my router and connecting to the apache
process directly. Is that so and if not what should I see on Wireshark if
anything? Or is even the tcp/ip stack short circuited?

Thanks,
-Tony