Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] what I witnessed during live capture isn't what is shown b

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 08:23:31 +0100
Hi,

AFAIK this could only be happening when Wireshark gets out of whack when reading your capture file, while the capture is running. That is why you can read the all right afterwards. I assume the changeover between the two 'states' happens with the changeover in capture file. OF course this is not supposed to happen, but there are some intricate interactions going on in ring buffer mode. A report of this at bugs.wireshark.org would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jaap