Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP windows update

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 08:13:10 +0100
On 03/01/2011 09:45 PM, Andrej van der Zee wrote:
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for you clear reply.

[SNIP]

Maybe a silly question, but can a Windows update be piggy backed with a data
segment, or is it always contained in a zero-length data segment?

Also, can a Windows update contain an ACK number for non-ACKed data
segments?

I guess Windows(tm) update would love to piggy back onto a data segment, and a Windows(tm) update's ACK number would be the release....

... but I assume that is not what you mean ;) Please be aware of the right terminology, Padawan.