Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Weird Null Packets

From: Hansang Bae <for_list_hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:57:18 -0500
On 1/19/2011 1:05 PM, Michael Glenn wrote:
I extracted just the funky packets; otherwise the segment is working fine atm.
The packets are the same for Wireshark on both a Win7 box and a Linux laptop. Several ports on the switch were tried, so they're in there, all right.

It's hard for me to believe that the switch is propagating these illegal frames.  So more likely answer is that your capturing device has an issue.  But you tried it with two known-good laptops, so that seems unlikely as well.

have you tried capturing with a different version of wireshark?  Or just tcpdump?  At least it will help you narrow down if this is a win/libpcap or wireshark/presentation issue.

good luck

hsb