Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] When using IPSec, tcpdump doesn't show outgoing packets

From: Hansang Bae <for_list_hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 14:52:13 -0500
On 2/10/2011 3:41 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
When i run the command tcpdump -i eth0 -s0 host IP and host IP , I just see only incoming traffic and not outgoing traffic. I am using IPSec Application.

Please suggest/guide and let me know if you need any further information.

Kaushal
Can you explain what you're trying to capture? why are you using host *and* host? If you're trying to capture conversation for two different hosts, it should be "OR". And if are interested in a conversation to/from someone to your PC, "host IP-of-other-system" is sufficient.

hsb