Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] MacOSX installation and /dev/bpf permissions

From: Ed Young <ejy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 08:43:31 -0700
I've installed version Wireshark 1.4.3 and am trying to get a list of the interfaces. Using OSX v 10.6.6

I have the command line utilities in the class.

What I'm not sure about is the best way to adjust the permissions. I can't find any folder named ChmodBPF on the computer. Maybe because I ejected the installation image.

Can I execute chmod to change the /dev/bpf* permissions? If so, what should they be? 755?

--
- Ed