Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TCP Window Size and MTU/MSS

From: neerav panwar <neerav.panwar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:50:12 +0530
Hi

I have seen whatever be the receive window size, TCP sens ack after 2 or 3 packets of any length. It doesn't receive data as per window size.
Exa: If receive window size is 64000 bytes and MSS/MTU is 1460 then ACK should come after 64000/1460 packets. But receiver always sends ack
after 2 or 3 packets maximum.
The changes done on tcpackfrequency doesn't pay off on a windows XP.
What is the way decrease the number of ACKs over the link?
EOF