Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] skew, delta and jitter in wireshark VOIP->analyse

From: Giles Coochey <giles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:47:42 +0100
On 09/02/2011 14:37, nangergong wrote:
Hi, all,

  What is the difference between skew, delta and jitter in a voip stream?

I only know the impact of jitters on voip streams, what are the impacts of skew and delta on VOIP streaming quality?

  Thank you!
Not sure if my understanding is correct... skew is absolute jitter based on comparison on the first packet(s).
delta is what I understand to be latency, or delay.

--
Best Regards,

Giles Coochey
NetSecSpec Ltd