Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Comparing two pcap files for latency

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 18:32:43 +1100
H.263 is the compression standard and defines how the video is
encoded. It doesn't define the transport AFAIK. However it seems that
H.263 is commonly transported in RTP. The first RFC to define this was
RFC 2190.

Anyway if your stream is over RTP (which in turn is carried on RTP)
Wireshark should be able to help you out. All you need to do is find a
packet containing the stream, right-click and select Decode As.., and
selecting the destination port choose RTP as the transport protocol.
If that works you can use the Telephony:RTP analysis mentioned above.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx