Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unable to compile a plugin

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:08:57 +0100
Hi,

Read doc/README.plugins carefully:

"The first thing is that you'll have to run autogen.sh and configure
once more to setup your build environment."

Thanks,
Jaap

On 01/31/2011 05:59 PM, Omer Khalid wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to compile a small plugin in wireshark (1.5.0) on
Fedora 14. There is a single C file call pv.c

I created a directory under plugins and copied my C file. Then I took
the Makefile.am and Makefile.common from plugins/interlink directory and
modified to change plugin name, version and SRC directories. I also
copied moduleinfo.h into my plugin directory.

Here are changes I made to Makefile.common:
/PLUGIN_NAME = pv/
/DISSECTOR_SRC = \/
/ pv.c/

Here are changes I made to Makefile.am:
/plugin_LTLIBRARIES = pv.la <http://pv.la>/

I also adapted $(wireshark)/plugins/Makefile.am/common to include my pv
directory under plugins to be compiled. I did the same for root
Makefile.am and Makefile.common

But after doing all of this, after ./configure when I make the build; I
keep on getting this error "No rule to make target 'all'. Stop". I
assumed that make process will automatically generate the plugin.c,
makefile.in <http://makefile.in> and makefile in my plugin directory and
then the process will continue.

Could any one point out that where I am missing the link here?

Best Regards
Omer