Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.4.3 Malformed packets

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:30:39 +0000 (UTC)
Stewart, Tom M <Tom_Stewart@...> writes:

> When using the Analyze\Expert Info feature on a capture it is reporting many
malformed packets that are not reported in older versions (i.e. 1.2.6). Can you
guide me in the best way to determine if these are valid errors or false
reporting.

It's possible a bug was introduced and the 1.2.6 version is correct, but it's
also possible the 1.2.6 version wasn't dissecting all the bytes of the packets
and so didn't determine that they were indeed malformed.

Probably the best way to tell which is correct is with a packet capture and
someone with knowledge of the protocols to look at it.

See https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/