Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Weird Null Packets

From: "Michael Glenn" <MGlenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:54:50 -0500
Hi.

I'm getting the weirdest packets trickling out of a network segment, and I'm trying to determine if the switch is dying, or if Microsoft has struck again (I've been installing some Win7 PCs on that segment).

The packets are pretty-much nothing but a slew of zeroes; Wireshark guessed them to be FibreChannel traffic, but no such hardware on the segment. I'm attaching an extracted packet capture.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks.