Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] about Packet loss in wireshark
Wireshark only discards traffic on an interface on the basis for the capture filters. There are no random discard filters (or other math-like ones that would be suitable.

If I want to simulate a lossy network, I use the "netem" functionality built into to the Linux kernel to good effect. (Basically you setup a Linux box as a bridge and then use the "tc" commands to alter the traffic control paramters of the interfaces.

Regards, Martin

[email protected]