Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] WLAN and http

From: Tihomir Plachkov <tihomir.plachkov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:04:04 +0100
Hello Community,

Here is my question.

How can I check/prove if a 'machine' in the internal wireless network is making http connections with internet.

Example:

Router(DHCP): 192.168.1.1
Me(Linux): 192.168.1.2
Machine: 192.168.1.3

My wireless card is manufactured by Broadcom and I am using the propriety driver.

I start wireshark with administrative previliges to put the interface in promiscous mode(sudo wireshark) but untill now I can see the packets regarding 'machine' only what came from my side 192.168.1.2 (pings, traceroutes etc.) . I am being able to filter my http packets but  I want to prove that 'machine' is also doing http or any connections to external sources in respect to the internal network.

Thank you.

Greetings

Tish