Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] TCP throughput graph question

From: Michal Kepien <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:05:29 +0100
Personally i think its the tcp overhead.
Wich a download app won't show.
And if the TCP throughput graph just look at the data en not the
overhead wich can be up to 14% on the internet.

Agreed, but I've already taken all the overhead (TCP headers, IP headers, Ethernet headers) out of the equation. The raw data transfer rate should be around 242 kB/s (as no retranmissions occured in the span of the capture). Please note I wrote "170 * 1460" in the original post, referring to 1460 bytes of payload contained in every single TCP segment transmitted.

--
Best regards,
Michal Kepien