Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to know which MAC address is the true client that conn

From: Forthofer Russ <Russ.Forthofer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:20:00 -0500
What type of router?  I suspect you are switching the internal network, and routing between the internal and external networks.    Are the two devices on the same subnet?

Are you seeing ALL wired traffic on the wireless network or only broadcasts, multicasts, etc.    If the wired  and wireless devices are on the same subnet, one would expect broadcasts (e.g., ARP traffic) to be seen on both the wired and wireless portions of the network.   Whether you see all traffic on both wired and wireless or just broadcast traffic depends on whether the device is acting as a switch or a hub.