Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Maybe a failure in PDN address IE in the NAS packet

From: Christopher Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:51:08 +0000 (UTC)
James anderson <jandersonue@...> writes:

> Hi allI've recognised that if the Non-Access Stratum (NAS) Packet contains a
PDN address (IPv6) Wireshark expect an IPv6 Prefix Length. There is no defined
prefix length field in the 3GPP standard 24.301. See 9.9.4.9.1 PDN address
information element. The PDN address information element has a Length field
defined. The PDN address IE contains the IPv6 address and therefore the length
is already given by the first field of the PDN address IE.Is this a failure in
the Wireshark sources or have I missed something?Thank you and best regardsJames

It might be worth opening a bug report for this and including a small capture
file depicting the situation.  Please be sure to include references to the
relevant 3GPP standards and sections, e.g., 24.301 (9.9.4.9.1), and also 24.007
(11.2 where the type 4 IE is defined) to make it easier for someone to confirm
the bug and institute a fix if needed.