Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to know which MAC address is the true client that connect

From: Chin Shi Hong <cshong87@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:24:05 +0800
Dear All,

I am developing final year project for my degree course. The project is about 802.11 capturing.

I am using AirPCap on Windows.

When capturing the wireless packet by using Wireshark, the following types of MAC address has been displayed:
1. BSS ID: <MAC address>
2. Source address: <MAC address>
3. Destination address: <MAC address>

Just assume the MAC address of the MSS ID is AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF. For source address and destination address, it may be both MAC addresses are the real wireless client that connect to the wireless network AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF, or it may be only one of them are the real wireless client connect to the wireless network AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF. How can I know which one is the real wireless client connected to wireless network AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF? Please, in order to develop my project, I need to know this.