Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Saving a VOIP conversation

From: Bernd Heidner <bernd.heidner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:35:39 +0100
Hi,

you can use wireshark to play the audio, transported by rtp.  This
will work only for the codec G711!

Select Telephony->VoipCalls in the wireshark GUI.
A window with the VoIP calls will open.

Select your VoIP Call and press Player followed by Decode. Check both
streams and press Play. Now you can here the transported audio.

You can test it with the file SIP_CALL_RTP_G711 from the wireshark wiki.
See: http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures#SIP_and_RTP

When exporting and decoding the payload to a file you will have also
the limitation to the codec G711.

Bernd