Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Saving a VOIP conversation

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 17:57:14 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am trying to save off VOIP conversations with no success.  I am running wireshark on a Windows system.  I can isolate the call or VOIP session, then even get both of the call sessions.  When I select one of the RTP packets and then select RTP Stream analysis and get BOTH sessions when I select save payload I then get the option to choose format, .raw or .au and then choose direction (both).  When I save out the payload its very inconsistent and then I can't listen to it on a Windows system.  Is there another step or something that I am missing?  Do I need to convert every .au file to a .wmv or .wav?  Is it easier to work with .raw files than .au on Windows.  I have linux box but at the end of the day the person listening to the output needs to have format that could be listen to on a Windows system.

thanks,