Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] gprs

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:55:31 -0700
On Oct 30, 2010, at 1:14 PM, wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is it possible to get the information from a gprs connection with
> wireshark?

That depends on what you mean by "the information from a GPRS connection".

If you just want to capture IP-over-PPP traffic over GPRS, on a machine with a GPRS modem/mobile phone, and just see the traffic to and from your machine, that should Just Work on various UN*Xes - you'll just see PPP traffic.

If, however, you want to see the lower-level GPRS messages, or want to see traffic between an arbitrary mobile phone and the base station, you might have to use something such as the AirProbe project:

	https://svn.berlin.ccc.de/projects/airprobe