Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Replying to mail when you receive a mailing list in digest for

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:25:52 -0700
On Oct 27, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Wojkovich, Richard wrote:

> Thanks, my apology.

I presume you're replying to the response to "SNMP Mibs for Cisco? how to use them on WUG 11.0.1"; note that, if you get mail in digest form (for this or any other mailing list), you should

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
> "Re: Contents of Wireshark-users digest..."

...or "Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark-users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 21" or something such as that, and also edit the reply to remove all the *other* messages in the digest.

(Yes, this makes replying to digest messages take extra effort; that's one reason why I will probably never ever request digests for any mailing list I'm on - the other is that *reading* the digest messages take extra effort for me.  I guess, for some people, it takes *less* effort to read a digest than to deal with individual messages.)