Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to decode as BSSGP packet

From: William Polanco <ewilliampl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:43:55 -0500
Thanks all,

The problem was that in my wireshark (1.2.1) the GPRS-NS was not in protocol list , after install the newone 1.4.1 it is. :) . Now I can see the BSSGP , GPRS-NS.

Thanks!
William

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 15, 2010, at 1:36 PM, William Polanco wrote:

> I am brand new in mailing list, please I will appreciate your help to solve my next question:  I have a capture for GboverIP packtes (BSSGP protocol) and I want to decode it, but when I want to do it (decode as), the protocol is not on Protocols lists.

That's because BSSGP doesn't run over UDP - GPRS-NS does, with BSSGP running over GPRS-NS, so it's BSSGP over GPRS-NS over UDP over IP, not BSSGP over UDP over IP.

Either do as the other reply says (add UDP port 56000 to the list of UDP ports for GPRS-NS), or try looking for "GPRS-NS" in the "Decode As..." list and use that.