Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Jump to frame colours

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:44:10 -0700
On Oct 15, 2010, at 8:26 AM, Keith French wrote:

> Is there a way in Wireshark (currently using V1.4.1) to set the background colour of a frame, when you Jump to it from another part of the GUI?

If you jump to a frame from another point of the GUI, the frame to which you've jumped should be the selected frame, just as if you'd scrolled to it and clicked on it.  At least with a recent trunk build, that happens with the TCP graphs...

> As an example, when using the "VoIP Calls" "Flow" display, if you double click on a packet in this window, it jumps to that packet in the main window.

...and the VoIP Calls Flow display.

> At this point, is there any way to customise the background colour of that highlighted packet in the main window. Depending on the colours of adjacent packets, the highlighted packet can be difficult to see quickly.

That would be true even if you just clicked on the packet.

Currently, we don't have a preference to set the foreground or background color of selected packets; we could add one.