Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem deciphering an openssl stream

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:36:17 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Philippe,

Handshake Protocol: Server Hello
[...]
Cipher Suite: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0x002f)

I don't see any DH here, so maybe that's not the problem.

I agree, it doesn't look like it's using DH. What would be interesting to see if you see a "Client key exchange" or a "Server key exchange" at the beginning of the SSL session in your capture when you look at it in Wireshark.

Also, you might want to use "-s 0" when running tcpdump, that just captures everything.

If you're using Firefox as your client, you can view what it's
configured to use by typing 'about:config' in your address bar.

It's a SOAP call done from a python soap implementation. I should be
able to configure it somewhere but I am not sure of what I should put.

Good question, I'm no Python expert, so others will have to help you out here.

Kolos