Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Netfilter Study List

From: Kevin Cullimore <kcullimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:34:24 -0400
On 10/8/2010 6:45 PM, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:

Linux Firewalls by R. L. Zeigler published by New Riders

Prentice Hall
Troubleshooting Linux Firewalls
By Michael Shinn, Scott Shinn
-definitely worth a look (especially chapter 6)

Packt
Designing and Implementing Linux Firewalls and QoS using netfilter, iproute2, NAT, and L7-filter
-you might consider starting here

Propadeutics:
IEEE
TCP/IP Architecture, Design, And Implementation In Linux
-decent basic primer on how linux boxes talk to other boxes

Prentice Hall
The Elements of Networking Style and other Essays and Amniadiversions on the Art of Intercomputer Networking
-if you wish to master _ANYTHING_ related to networking, you're well-advised to interact with this text on at least a basic level