Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Bytes on wire/bytes captured for TCP traffic is larger tha

From: Chris Alton <enfiniti27@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:21:52 -0400
This is due to Jumbo Frames or Large Send Offload being enabled in your NIC properties. Depending on which one of those is used the actual frame size sent on the wire could be the size you are seeing there (Jumbo Frames) or the NIC could have broken the frame size up before sending it down the wire (Large Send Offload). In either case the frame will usually be divided into smaller frames once it hits a router. The only real way to determine one way or the other is to sniff the packets on the wire right after they leave the machine in question.