Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Scripts for filtering a directory file captures to only in

From: Estanislao Gonzalez <estanislao.gonzalez@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:48:12 +0200
 Well aparently it should: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=527976
what's the error exactly and does tcpdump breaks when run only inside the script or always?

On 10/01/2010 12:44 PM, Phil_Deming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for staying with me.

I did sudo.  Is that not good enough?

    Re: [Wireshark-users] Scripts for filtering a directory file captures to
    only include specific Subnet packets in new files in a new directory

    Estanislao Gonzalez
       to:
        Phil_Deming
                                                         10/01/2010 03:08 AM

    Cc:
      wireshark-users

   As far as I know you need to be root to run tcpdump, and it's not
because of the program but because the program needs to access the kernel.