Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] one way traffic displayed

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:44:40 -0700
On Sep 29, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Thanassis Diogos wrote:

> lately I am having issues while capturing traffic I only see incoming traffic, no outgoing. I guess it has to do with winpcap and nic drivers

I.e., you're running Windows on the machine on which you're capturing traffic?  (If not, it's libpcap, not WinPcap.)

If so, do you see the same problem with WinDump?  If not - i.e., if this is a form of UN*X, e.g. Linux or *BSD or Solaris or OS X or... - then do you see the same problem with tcpdump?

If you do, it's probably a problem with {libpcap and the capture mechanism it uses,WinPcap} and/or the driver.