Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Extracting payload from ethernet dumps

From: Simon Greifswald <edtfatr-ah@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:49:23 +0200
Hello,

I have several gigabytes of dumped network traffic in files, and I need to
extract the payload from each packet. So, I want to discard all link layer,
internet layer, transport layer headers and only extract the udp packet's
payload in a new file.

If it were not so much data, I used the wireshark gui's "Follow stream"
function, but sadly this is not an option since there are too many files to
parse. I would rather have a script do it for me. So what I need is a way
using tshark, tcpdump or so to strip the headers from the packets.

Does anyone know a tool which can be used to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Simon