Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] OSPF Malformed Packet....

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:25:40 -0600
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 03:07:15PM -0500, Gaudineer, Kevin wrote:

> All of these traces are showing that the OSPF LS update packets are
> malformed.

> Is it possible because of the way I did the capture that this is the
> reason for the maformed packet showing?

Either that, or perhaps Wireshark isn't recognizing a valid packet
properly.  It's also possible that the entire packets aren't being
captured (a snapshot length setting), but typically that limitation is
recorded in the pcap file.

Can you send a small capture file (a packet or two) showing the
malformed errors for us to take a look at?