Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Diagnosing disconnect exactly every 10 minutes in online g

From: Austin Kretzer <austink3d@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:02:38 -0600
Thank you for the quick replies!

I am sorry about the text file. I thought it seemed strange to send it like that, but I figured it could just open up in it. I did not see a save as option for .dmp as stated by Mike, so I went with the first option which seems to be the default TCP dump file, .pcap. I am getting RST packets as mentioned by Pedro. I'm not sure how many is bad, hopefully you can look at my .pcap file and see. I seem to have around 10-15 or so in a 10 minute timeframe. I have heard about this issue with NAT and the timeout. I saw a few other people mention that during my Googling. Perhaps I should just bridge my connection? Would that make it to where I could just bypass NAT? I can't seen to find any settings in my modem (Netgear DGN2200) to change NAT settings, it just seems to only have a setting to turn NAT on or off, which it is of course on right now. I read that if you turn NAT off you can't get a internet connection though, but I believe you can once bridged? I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

What Pedro is saying seems to sound right. I don't see why it would be that I'm not authorized or genuine or anything and its kicking me. I know I am. Besides, if I wasn't, wouldn't it have done the same thing to me when I was connection through my friends cable internet connection? As far as my firewall interfering, I do not have one. The actual ISP's firewall, and spoofing the FIN flag, I have no idea. Perhaps I should call and ask? I'm not sure what exactly I should ask though.

Anyway, here is the new .pcap file. I also posted on the same link as before if any of you want to read up on the forum post.

Thank you yet again!

- Austin Kretzer

(PS. Sorry if this sent twice, my email is acting up.)