Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to use wireshark for capture Soap Messages

From: Victor Hugo Jabur Passavaz <victorjabur@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:30:13 -0300
Hello,

I have a webservice and your endpoint is: http://192.168.2.173:80/ts?wsdl

For each invoke that i make for webservice, the wireshark capture some TCP packages and "HTTP/XML" protocol, request and response. I am interested in only protocol "HTTP/XML".

For this capture i use this capture filter: "tcp port http and host 192.168.2.173". It Works.

My question is: Th wireshark only capture my soap message if my webservice is running at port 80.

I tried to make this capture filter: "host 192.168.2.173"

But with this filter, the packets "HTTP/XML" isn't captured. Just any TCP packets is captured

If i change my port from 80 to 9876 for example, what "capture filter" i should use and why "HTTP/XML" packages is captured when and only my webservice is running at port 80 ?

Thanks.
Victor Jabur