Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Capture packet from remote device

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:54:21 -0600
On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 06:09:08PM +0530, Gopalakrishnan A.N wrote:

> The traffic flows between SPA3102 and other SPA3102 and my computer is
> in the same network... from my computer's wireshark is it possible to
> capture the packets of both the SPA3102 device which is in the same
> network.

Generally, no, because switches do not flood unneeded traffic (that
which is not destined for the machine on that port) out all ports like a
hub does.  This page should be of help to you:

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Ethernet

Along with the main capture setup page:

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup