Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] need help

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:35:41 +1000
The other thing you can do is to lock MAC addresses to your switch ports, that connect to the dorm rooms. This way a MAC hardware address will associated with a room. Of course this can be administratively more troublesome (if users legitimately change rooms or have multiple devices attached or change devices).

Cisco uses "switchport port-security" commands for this, HP ProCurve "port-security" at a port level to implement this.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx