Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] HP/Qlogic 10G NIC (Windows): driver config to preserve VLA

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:10:41 +1000
My experience is that Windows NICs/driver tend to not preserve VLAN tags when capturing traffic using WinPcap (for Wireshark). My suggestion is simply to boot a Linux USB key on your box and use Wireshark (or to be honest dumpcap if you are going to be trying to drink from that 10G firehose).

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx