Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] question about bug 3303

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 00:55:53 +0200
On 3 sep 2010, at 16:58, kolos_ws@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> In all my captures I see that the packet containing "Server Hello,
> Certificate, Server Key Exchange, Encrypted Handshake Message" is
> fragmented and I can't raise the MTU in my environment.

At which layer do you see fragments? If it's at the IP layer (which your remark to MTU size suggests), then this is definitely a different issue. The issue in the bug report is a SSL record of more than 16k, which is fragmented at the SSL layer. This automatically means there is segmentation on the TCP layer and possibly fragmentation at the IP layer too...

Do you have "Reassemble fragmented IP datagrams" enabled in the IP protocol preferences?

Cheers,

Sake